- Job Level: Executive - Senior
- Min Year of Experience: 6
- Based In: Bayan Lepas, Penang
Job DescriptionOur client is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced Platform BIOS Engineer to work with internal development team on Server platform BIOS solutions for their cutting-edge server products. The position entails solid understanding, debugging, and documenting platform BIOS features with a goal of developing competitive and innovative reference design products for multiple internal and external customers, including software vendors, OEMs, and validation teams. A successful candidate will employ solid software methodologies, firmware design expertise, deep technical knowledge, and well-honed organizational skills across multiple teams to ensure on-schedule, defect-free system firmware product development, reducing time to market. A candidate must possess the technical proficiency and interpersonal confidence to represent design ideas technically clearly, complex problem descriptions and innovative solutions with other developers as well as non-firmware focused silicon teams.
- BIOS/firmware development, validation, debugging on Server platform.
- Customer issue debugging with the IBV code bases (Insyde/AMI).
- Work with internal firmware and software teams on platform software development.
- Analytic ability to address technical issues and generate creative solutions.
- Support internal and external platform bring-up.
- 8 ~ 10 years of BIOS development experience with strong knowledge in the following fields: PC/Server architecture, x86 processors, DRAM architecture, PCIE, ACPI, SATA, USB, multiprocessor systems, power management and system management.
- Expertise in C language programming and hardware debugging tools is a must.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering.
- Knowledge in UEFI programming and experience is a plus.
- Knowledge in software stack and virtual machine experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and debug methodology.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.