- Job Level: Executive - Senior
- Min Year of Experience: 6
- Min Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Based In: Bayan Lepas, Penang
Job DescriptionOur client is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced Server System Validation Engineer focusing on feature validation and new feature releases. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong technical expertise and the ability to understand new system architectures and features while working closely with internal design team, and tool and automation engineer and Developer. The ideal candidate should create, define, and develop system validation strategy and create test cases, and must have good understandings of platform-level tools and techniques to ensure server production design meeting specification. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving the system validation of x86 platforms, which includes validation execution within in-house lab, results analysis, bug detection and root cause analysis, must be able to develop relationships and work cross-functionally with other team members, including HW, FW and SW teams. Self motivation and problem solving are valued as you will need to understand silicon, board, and software interactions. The responsibilities of this position include working closely with the Server developers to gain a deep understanding of the FW/HW/SW features and define tests which ensure the Server function not only meets the product requirements but also explores these features in depth to ensure the Server feature exceeds the high standards of a Server platform for its customers and partners.
- Focus on Server System validation and act as technical focal.
- Identify, review design specification, and deliver test cases, SOPs regarding product specifications.
- Define system validation strategy and test architecture.
- Work with development team during early design phase for defining ‘Design for Test/Automation’ features.
- Identify in-house/industry standard test utility.
- Drive product quality improvement to exceed the customers’ expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, CE, or equivalent work experience.
- 8 to 10 years of x86 design & validation background. Additional networking/storage knowledge is preferred.
- Have proven experience defining test plans and developing test automation.
- Ability to study open standards and new technologies.
- Ability to debug and resolve difficult technical problems and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to determine the feasibility of projects in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Ability to anticipate problems proactively and take appropriate actions to mitigate negative impact.
- Experienced in using/testing BIOS/UEFI/BMC features are preferred. Solid skills on OS such as
- Linux and Windows are preferred.
- Solid verbal and written English communication skills.